Blackout blinds with shutter
A blackout blind can be ordered to fit behind our plantation shutters, allowing you to achieve total room darkness. Ideal for bedrooms, media rooms or nurseries. The honeycomb design completely blocks out the light with each cell having an internal foil wrap, creating both light block out and thermal insulation. The insulating characteristics help keep the heat out in summer and the warmth in during winter. Single blinds can fit windows up to 1600mm W x 2000mm H. For wider windows, simply order multiple blinds to install within T posts within the shutter frame.
• Effective blackout for better sleep
• Easy to fit
• Child safe as chain free
• Spring operated mechanism allows tension to be adjusted
• Reduce heat loss and heat gain
• High quality 100% light block coating polyester fabrics
1. Assemble and install your 4-sided frame.
2. Install the top and bottom brackets in the top and bottom U channel
3. Please note the correct direction for brackets.
4. Hang the blind by clicking the top part of blind into the top brackets. The blind can now hang in position
5. Attach the clear handles supplied for raising/lowering the blind.
6. Fit the bottom part in bottom U Channel. The tension cords for the blind are factory set to match the shutter height. If/when required, you can easily adjust the cord tension via the small spring mechanism on the underside of the bottom part of blind. When your desired tension is achieved, secure tension by tightening the small screw.
7. Click this bottom part of blind into bottom brackets. The bottom of blind when installed correctly looks like below. FYI the metal cover is always white.
8. When raising/lowering, the cords are protected via the smooth eyelet rings.
9. Blinds can be removed by pressing down on the back of the bracket and the blind will release.